Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin~


Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe:

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins

1. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
2. Sift in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
3. Slowly add raisins and oats to the mixture.
4. Preheat oven to 190 C and bake the cookies on an un-greased pan for 8-12 minutes (until browned on top). Let them sit out to cool before taking off the pan. Otherwise, I found that they fall apart.
      Today was a BORING, HOT, HUMID Sunday..... but at least I got to be a little nostalgic and make some (actually quite good) oatmeal raisin cookies! I've been making a lot of vegan baked-goods recently, so it was nice using butter and eggs again (I have yet to make a GOOD vegan cookie. only good cupcakes). That, and I had to thank Ono for helping me get my new (addictive) toy, the iphone!! Yes, the picture above was taken with the iphone.... I'm worried that I will be a little too obsessed for a while... but there are too many cool things you can do with it! The camera options, I'm especially ハマっている with. :D

      No comments:

      Post a Comment