Sunday, March 13, 2011

Persimmon Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Muffins


I finally had some free afternoon time the other day and decided to make some muffins, since I haven’t really made much dessert recently that hasn’t been straight from a store (I’m kind of obsessed with kuri pudding). While looking around the vegetable/fruit area, I saw that they had started to stock persimmons! Not a fruit that I usually indulge in (and they are still pretty expensive here… but that’s why I bought two of the ‘nearly too ripe’ ones), but I thought that it would make a nice muffin flavor since it kind of reminds me of pumpkin (especially paired with some chocolate and cinnamon).
Persimmon Cinnamon Chocolate Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup persimmon puree (2 persimmons)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
(180 C, 55 minutes)
(Makes 12 large muffins)
1. Puree the persimmons.
2. Combine in a bowl with soy milk, oil, sugars and maple syrup.
3. Sift in the dry ingredients and blend well.
4. Fill the large muffin papers 3/4 of the way and bake for 55 minutes (though, I'd check periodically... my oven is known to act up a little).

No comments:

Post a Comment