Home-made bread is just the best thing ever.
Basic White Bread
500+ grams flour
7 grams yeast
2 teaspoons salt
300 ml water
3 tablespoons olive oil
(makes 2 medium loaves)1. Measure out the flour and pour that as well as the yeast and salt into a large bowl and mix.
220 C, 24-35 min
2. Make a well in the center and add the water and olive oil, starting the mixing process with a fork before diving in with your hands.
3. Use one hand to kneed, and the other to occasionally add bits of flour until the dough is elastic.
4. Let rise for at least an hour.
5. Once it’s risen 1.5 or 2x its original size, punch it down and place it on some baking sheets or in a baking pan.
6. Bake in a 220 C oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until the outside is nice and golden brown.