Thursday, January 20, 2011
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe (adapted)
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
OPTIONAL: 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (kurumi)
(makes 20 muffins)
200 C, 18 min
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
2. Pour the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and spices into a separate bowl.
3. In your main bowl, whisk together the pureed pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and maple syrup.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth. (OPTIONAL: Lastly, add the walnuts.)
5. Pour into muffin papers 3/4 of the way full and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.