Decided to make some cupcakes for Sea's little birthday party~
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes (adapted)
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
(Makes a dozen cupcakes)
180 C, 18-20 min
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup of peanut butter (I used crunchy type)1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons soy milk (add more for a smoother, thinner frosting)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Pour the cup of soy milk and teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in there so it can curdle.
3. Prepare the dry ingredients in another bowl. Pour in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. The sugar will go in separately.
4. Add the oil, vanilla and sugar to the soy milk mix and whisk until foamy and thoroughly mixed.
5. Sift the dry bowl into the wet ingredients bowl and mix well.
6. Fill cupcake papers 3/4 full of batter, and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Slowly mix (with a fork) the sugar into the peanut butter. Add soy milk little by little as you stir.
8. Add vanilla.
9. Carefully frost the cupcakes since the frosting is thick.