Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beer and Crab Cakes

Yesterday was rather uneventful on the working front. The only thing I found out was that I have now unfortunately lost my internet because Pred just cut his off (since he's leaving in two days).

I did, however, get to go to a lovely Izakaya dinner with surrounding area people. :) Me, Bee, Pred, The Bison, Jar, Ang, Pete, Ireland, Scotland, and Steph (I must say, I've gotten pretty good at the name game, hehe) all got to hang out, drink beer, chat, and eat some rather delicious but expensive Izakaya food. We even got our own little room way in the back.

My favorite foods were the crab cakes and the raw tuna covered in tomato sauce and onions (I was shocked at how delicious that was), followed by the fried tuna (I've never eaten tuna THAT cooked before). We all talked about how boring working can be, exchanged stories about looking up various animal penises on wikipiedea, looked at PICTURES of weird animal penises, and other such oddities of life in Japan. Another thing I guess I never realized until yesterday was.... there really ISN'T any grass around here. Just rice paddies. NO grass. ANYWHERE. So weird.... and slightly depressing. Where do kids go to play?

Anyway... just waiting for my gaijin card so I can go off and try and lease a car or buy a scooter and finally be able to take a good look at this place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment