Monday, November 28, 2011

The Only Way To Spend Thanksgiving....

With other Americans :) No, but really.... No matter the nationality, you should spend thanksgiving with people you care about, especially when you're thousands of miles away from your family. Even if that means holding it on the Monday after the actual day.

In addition, this year's thanksgiving was completely vegan! Matto is vegan, so although we usually make vegan dinners together on Mondays as a group, this Monday funday (as we call it) was a thanksgiving edition, and included homemade bread, apple walnut stuffing, mashed potatoes (both regular and sweet mixed together), mushroom gravy, baked tofu, pineapple cranberry sauce, green beans (steamed and fried with onions and garlic), and a pumpkin pie with homemade crust that I worked on last night. To say that the meal was satisfying would be an understatement. We all enjoyed the post-feast comatose nap while watching "Eagles Are Turning People Into Horses." It helped to have the heated carpet for everyone to hibernate on too. :)

I'm thankful for my awesome friends, all my new adventures and an active life!! I'm ready to take on the last month of 2011!!

The thanksgiving spread. From left, baked tofu, mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, apple walnut stuffing, greenbeans, bread, pineapple cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie!
Yes, I did finish that. :D
And that. I must say, my first attempt at a pumpkin pie did not come out too shabby! Especially since the dish I used was wayyy too deep for pie.
Pumpkin pie Sunday night when it had just come out of the oven~

No comments:

Post a Comment